Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Yeah it's that easy

I taught a yoga class last night at a studio I haven't taught at before. I was really excited to try out a new venue with new students, and it is between home and work so it could be an easy commute if I wanted to teach there every now and then.

I'd never been there before so I got there a bit early, chatted with the owner, got a tour of the space and got all set up. It was still about 10 minutes before class was supposed to begin, so I set about chilling and waiting for time to pass.

At 6pm, no one was there.

A woman stuck her head into the studio and asked if the class was going to happen. I said I thought so but wasn't at all convinced of it myself. I stepped out into the check-in area where the two staff women had been sitting and they were gone. The place was completely deserted.

Odd, no? I would think that if you were advertising a yoga class you might spend, oh I don't know, at a minimum, the ten minutes before the scheduled start time actually sitting at a desk where people interested in taking the class could give you their money.

I ended up teaching the class to two students - a regular and the woman who wandered in off the street. For a while it didn't feel like it was going so well, but I tried to adjust real-time and at the end both women seemed pleased with the experience they had had.

Digg this

No comments: