Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I'm still here

My three hour cruise to Seattle has turned into a week here.

At first I was sort of excited because there is a great new piece of work that we are doing here and I thought it would be really valuable to be in person for a few days to get it started.

Then, when at 8pm last night I found myself eating a salad alone in a desolate food court at the Bellevue mall, about to go back to my cold dark hotel room to work for several more hours, I realized I was profoundly unhappy with this turn of events.

Perhaps the most unexpected moment of the day, however, happened on my drive from the office to the mall where I would buy clothes for the next three days. I was tooling along minding my own business in the middle lane on the highway when a car a little ahead of me in the right lane suddenly drove itself into the sidewall. It then ricocheted off into the car behind it in the right lane, pushing both of them into my lane directly in front of me. Luckily there was no one in the left lane next to me and I was able to swerve out of the way and go around them.

"Holy sh*t!" I thought to myself. Did that really just happen??

I tried to watch how the rest unfolded in my rear view mirror but I went around a curve soon thereafter and couldn't really see anymore.

In other news, on my way out the front door of the hotel this morning the heel of my shoe failed to sufficiently grip the concrete and I took a huge and very dramatic spill, causing concerned onlookers from up to 50 feet away to gasp and come running to assist me.

I'm fine.
Digg this

No comments: