Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Seriously.

It seemed downright unforgivable to spend a week in Seattle and not go to Serious Pie at least once.* Last night was the night!

I went with one of my client-friends who lives in Seattle but had never been there. After last night's experience I figured it would be good for me to have dinner with another person.

Just the smell walking in the door made me happy. She and I agreed to share two pizzas (they're personal size) and we get the two that I have had there several times now: roasted chanterelles and truffle cheese on one and buffalo mozzarella and roasted tomatoes on the other.

After the first few bites she put down her pizza and glared at me.

"You know," she said, "when you come back next time and I've put on 30 pounds, that's on your conscience."


*If I were to go at the same rate as when Eric and I were here back in March I would have to go 10 times, which is a lot of driving from Redmond.
Digg this

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the onomatopoeic word for drooling?

I had some kind of mushroom and truffle thing there almost two years ago and remember it every time I pay too much money for not-as-good pizza.

ginger said...

mmmmmmmmmmm......pizza! I too am drooling........

Ellie said...

It really is that good.