Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It must be 4pm

My office is on the top floor of my building and it has a skylight that opens onto the building's roof deck above. My office mate and I keep it open for fresh air and so that lots of extra dust and dirt can accumulate on our desks each week.

For the past week, there has been a new ritual as well: an unknown lady who works in the building and wears high heels has gotten in the habit of going up to the roof deck every afternoon right around 4pm for a smoke, a chat on the phone and to pace loudly just over my head.

Clip clop, clip clop, back and forth she goes like a chatty Clydesdale.

Rather than sit at my desk and roll my eyes in the direction of the roofdeck, I've decided it's a perfect opportunity to take a walk around the office, get the latest news, and snoop for snacks. Today I'm on the hunt for dried mango.
Digg this

No comments: