Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Whiskey everybody wants

For the second time this week, last night I stayed up past my bedtime drinking free whiskey.

It was for a good cause. Actually, it wasn't for a good cause unless whiskey is, in and of itself, a good cause. But it was fun. Not the whole time, but there were definitely moments when I was having fun. Or at least a close substitute for fun, like being drunk.

The event was a theatrical whiskey tasting put on by The Macallen. We went with Jamaica and Nelson who are regulars at these sorts of events and as such were able to identify the subtler notes of vanilla, hazelnut, peatiness and pompousness in the single malts we sampled. And I learned that I prefer 17 year old scotch to 10, 12, 15, or 18 year varieties.
Digg this

No comments: