Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Curry horse

Last night we made and bought Indian food for dinner. We made a homemade curry with tomatoes, curry paste, coconut milk and a week's supply of fresh veggies, and then we supplemented it with Palak Paneer courtesy of Kitchens of India.

Also courtesy of Kitchens of India, we discovered, was a free music CD.


Never one to let free Indian music go unmocked, I giddily slipped the CD into my laptop to have a listen while I finished up some emails before dinner.

The music was exactly what you would expect: tortured kittens to the beat of clumsy furniture movers going down several flights of stairs.

And then my computer started behaving weirdly: programs were freezing, weird windows started popping up and then disappearing, and a delicate curry smell wafted up from the CD drive.

Is it possible, I asked myself, that this is not free music at all but rather a brilliant scheme by Indian programmers in cahoots with Kitchens of India to steal Indian-food-loving Americans' identities and credit card information?

Probably not. But I took the CD out pretty quickly just in case.
Digg this

No comments: