Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Friday, September 26, 2008

The terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

Yesterday was one of those days.

I didn't wake up with gum in my hair or lose my yo-yo, but I did take a nasty spill on my bike. (Yes, day 3. Stop laughing!) The blessed Muni tracks sucked my tire right down into the little groove and sent me sliding. Man! It was quite the yard sale. Yoga mat one way, backpack the other, the chain came off, and I ended up in a twisted heap right in front of where all the homeless fellows play chess on the sidewalk. Crowding around and "helping" me was far more interesting than pretending to play chess. A few passing bikers stopped as well to make sure everything was OK. I'm not at all sure how I am not more injured but, bruised thigh and pride aside, I seem to be fine.

There were also some low points at work that are not worth rehashing here. Also not worth mentioning is a particularly bad parallel parking job that almost resulted in me needing to leave a note for damage to another car. Almost.

Eric also had a bad day. Sick lab mice, incompetent shuttle bus driver, late train, sunglasses ruined, and experiencing the horror of my parallel parking. And he had to wear his railroad train pajamas. (He hates his railroad train pajamas.)

The teacher of the yoga class I went to shared with us that Mercury is in retrograde right now, which typically causes breakdowns in communication as well as just generally screwing things up. Damn it, Mercury. Come back!
Digg this

No comments: