Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's not about the bike

I got my new bike yesterday! She's a hybrid bike good for commuting around the city but will also be good for some light road biking, which there is an approximately 4% chance of me ever doing. I bought her on Sunday but she had to be assembled from her component parts. The bike store dude said he couldn't promise it any sooner than 48 hours but I asked if he could pretty please write a little note to the assembly people and put a smiley face on it to see if I could get it sooner. He obliged*.

And lo and behold...I got a call yesterday afternoon saying she was ready to be picked up!

I took her out for a spin just to see how she felt (the idea had originally been to go to a yoga class but the picking up process turned out to be lengthier than I had allowed for). It has been a while since I have biked around San Francisco and I had forgotten that all automotorists are maniacs who would like to bring about my bloody, mangled not to mention untimely death. Well, they are.

As I was biking around, I caught a glimpse of myself in a shop window and involuntarily started humming the Wicked-Witch-of-the-West tune to myself. This is not good, I said to myself upon realizing what I was doing.

Then again this morning, I'm cruising to work** and before I know it I'm humming that manic little tune again. Not. Good.


So I think I need a new theme song to hum to myself as I bike around. Any ideas?

*The note said "Elizabeth would enjoy riding her new bike on Monday. :)"
**It's a long block, OK?
***Note that the Wicked Witch is also riding a hybrid - but hers is the bike/broomstick combo instead.
Digg this

3 comments:

Dan said...

All This Beauty by The Weepies. Very catchy. It's been in my head since Saturday.

Ellie said...

Ooh! I like it! Dangerously catchy...

Amanda said...

If my name were Fritz, I would suggest the "My Little Pony" theme song. It's guaranteed to get any song out of your head but not stick.