Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Friday, August 1, 2008

Bluegrass Thursdays

Thursdays they have live bluegrass music at Atlas Cafe. I love bluegrass music. It makes me happy and sad at the same time.

Last night was an open jam session and at one point they had 16 people up there playing their hearts out. I'm not kidding. There were three banjoists, at least three mandolin players, two fiddlers (one of them quite wild-eyed), a slew of guitarists, a spectacular standup bass dude who kinda looked like Santa, a most unlikely character playing the spoons (seriously), a fellow on a washboard setup that included a bicycle bell and clown horn, a guy playing kazoo and even a jug player! It was some good clean fun.

This picture is of the warmup when they only had about eight people up there. It is a terrible picture - probably only worth about 350 words - but it's all I've got to share. Next time video, I promise!
Digg this

No comments: