Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Playing house

This past Sunday we moved into our new place! And by moved, I mean we took one-and-a-half carloads of our clothes, shoes and toiletries, a toaster oven and a coffee maker to our new place.

My furniture and other miscellaneous belongings won't arrive from DC until late September so we'll be doing some version of urban camping until then. Until we finally borrowed an air mattress we were sleeping on our therma-rests on the floor. I've seen homeless people with more home furnishings than we have right now.

But we are resourceful! Courtesy of the craigslist "Free" section, which usually only offers things like a complete set of Playgirl magazines or free dirt (if you come pick it up) I was able to billy-goat us a folding table, rug, recliner from the early 70s and rickety wooden chairs from long before that. This was real progress.

I think it is probably still a bit premature to be planning a housewarming party but for now I am very happy with our camp site, I mean living room.
Digg this

No comments: