Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hawks Win!

My father maintained a photo album for me while I was growing up. Several times a year, and sometimes more often, he would have prints made from his favorite slides capturing the important milestones of my childhood.

Then in late summer of 1989, the Chicago Cubs won the National League East Championship. My photo album goes from photos of my childhood to clippings from the Chicago Tribune of the Cubs celebrating this victory. After at least five full pages of newspaper clippings, my childhood resumes with photos of me becoming increasingly awkward as I enter junior high.

So it seemed only appropriate that today we interrupt the blog to celebrate the Chicago Blackhawks winning the Stanley Cup last night. In overtime. GO HAWKS!


Digg this

No comments: