Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Eric, meet everyone

We spent Thanksgiving in Chicago, splitting the time equally between my mother, my father, and sleep.

Thanksgiving day we spent the first portion of the day at my father's place where Eric got to meet the more than 20 friends and neighbors who came over to celebrate. The highlights of this celebration were wasabi deviled eggs and working on a devilish jigsaw puzzle.

Mid-afternoon we headed up to spend the rest of Thanksgiving overeating with my mother's family. Here again, my husband Eric* was introduced to the extended clan for the first time. My grandfather toasted to us the newlyweds and Eric got to play the Wii with my brother and young cousins in the "no girls allowed" basement man cave. I spent most of the evening babysitting the pumpkin pies. They needed a lot of looking after.

Saturday night my mother hosted a party of long-time friends and Eric got to meet yet another 20 or so of the people who have been part of my life since I was born. I think they all found him to be an extremely sensitive man, due largely to the fact that the cat allergies triggered by my father's cat were still raging, causing the occasional tear to slide down his cheek.


*Yep, still sounds weird.
Digg this

No comments: