Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Lean into it

Last night at the YMCA I spent some time on the elliptical machine climbing abstract hills using both my arms and legs, as hill-climbing does.

The man next to me, who looked like he may have stepped out of a19th century wagon train onto the elliptical machine, was also on a whole body journey through an imaginary landscape. His was different from mine in that it involved grunting. Lots of it. Gutteral, at times gut-wrenching, grunts and even the occasional snort.

I hated it the whole time he was there next to me but then when he finished and left I kind of missed the icky entertainment he had provided and my remaining 7 minutes felt a little lonely.
Digg this

2 comments:

Sara said...

Ew! I hate it when men (or women, but especially men do that!)

Ellie said...

I know! He was sweating so profusely that I was also worried about the splash factor. Ew!