Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Field trip

Today I went to an organic dairy farm. This was a very cool thing to do on a Thursday morning and I think it even sort of counted as work.

It is set on a bunch of land overlooking some water:


One of my favorite parts was when they showed us the newborn calves. They keep the new babies in crates because, like small children, they are both extremely germy and extremely vulnerable to other babies' germs. I found them unbearably lovable and I named this one Bambi.


Bambi's next-box neighbor was also quite Bambi-like, so we'll call her Bambi II. Here's the inside of Bambi II's box.

At the end of the tour we got free ice cream. Yay.
Digg this

2 comments:

Sara said...

Painfully cute.

Ellie said...

I don't know why but somehow putting them in the boxes makes them cuter.