Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

You can get yourself clean

This week is the week that Eric and I are trying out our local YMCA for free.

I know. Just saying "YMCA" makes you want to wash your hands, right? But no! This facility is actually very impressive and potentially worth paying money to be a member of, so we're checking it out.

One cool thing I have discovered so far: you can do the elliptical machine while looking out the window at the Bay Bridge! It's amazing! Except that the Bay Bridge doesn't really do very much, so it isn't necessarily the best entertainment to distract you during a tough workout.

They also have a computer assisted workout setup where you meet with a fitness counselor to develop a workout plan which is entered into the computer. You get a code. When you go to each machine, you just type in your code and it knows how many reps you need to do, how much cardio at what intensity, everything! Neat, huh? In spite of my intuitive distrust of fitness counselors, I may have to try it out.

When I started doing yoga six days a week I dropped my gym membership, so it has been a little while since I belonged to a gym. I think it could be nice to go back! (And keep doing yoga, of course.)
Digg this

No comments: