Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Maybe

Tonight I go to sleep listening to noisy bugs making a delightful racket out the window. I will try not the scratch the mosquito bites I've gotten in spite of not having left the screened-in porch all day.

Last night I fell asleep to the sound of the rain. Good Pennsylvania rain, quite unlike that flimsy California rain we get in San Francisco.

Tonight in my dreams I hope to ride a fast motorcycle through the mountains that turns into a lion running through the jungle and then a dolphin swimming really fast through the sea. And then I'll be a little girl doing somersaults and cartwheels in the soft grass like my old front lawn. And maybe I'll see my cats Luko and Leia playing nearby and they'll come to me and I will pat them on their heads and their long slinky cat bodies.
Digg this

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my... Luko and Leia, I haven't thought about them for so long. Aah, the cats of our childhood. Maybe they are playing with Jezebel and White Sox (not Sandy and Gretchen, who are undoubtedly in cat hell). Give them some good pets for me. Shamo too!

T. Ross said...

Your dream sounds like a commercial for some kind of sports car. Or energy drink. Or enterprise software solution.