Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Back East

I'm stomping my old grounds today and yesterday. I've been wandering around my old neighborhood in between conference calls and meeting friends for meals at times my body hasn't quite adjusted to yet - though I haven't actually walked past my old apartment. My biggest observation so far is that it is hot here. And there's now a Lululemon right across the street from my old yoga joint, as well as a new gelato place which has Rhubarb gelato, a first for me.

It has been a year since I've been back to DC and the last time I was here was when I was packing up my old apartment and hiring illegals to carry everything down four flights of stairs for me. Ahh, the good old days.

It has been very reassuring to visit with friends here and discover that I haven't made myself totally irrelevant by not coming back for a year.

Did I mention it's really hot here?
Digg this

1 comment:

T. Ross said...

Don't worry -- in our new globalized society, you could never become irrelevant by moving merely across the country to another big city.

Now, if you moved to an off-the-grid rubber farm in Malaysia, that might be another story.