Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Happy Birthday to me

Today I turned 31.

I liked being 30. It was a good year that included becoming a yoga teacher, starting a company, watching that company fail, being unemployed for a while (it was very in at the time), taking an amazing vacation in Maui, getting a job while simultaneously not getting many other jobs, learning to make beer at home, climbing a mountain I've wanted to climb for many years, building and planting a garden on my roof, watching most of that garden die but still managing to harvest a few spectacular tomatoes, and most recently agreeing with Eric that we should keep this thing going for a good long time to come.

Today was a great way to launch the next year of adventure. I spent time with friends in DC this morning, then took the train to Philly where my aunts Barbara and Penney scooped me up to go spend a wonderful evening with my grandmother sitting on her screened-in back porch watching the darkness on the grass and gabbing.

Happy Birthday to me. Life is grand.
Digg this

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to you!