Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Crunch time

On my way to yoga yesterday I rode my bike past a most improbable and horrifying accident.

I could see the flashing lights for blocks, and all traffic was stopped in both directions. I continued down Market Street towards the accident because it was the only way to get to the yoga studio, and because I am apparently the sort of person who bikes towards the flashing lights instead of away from them.

And there I saw it: an SUV sandwiched between two street cars, accordion style. I paused, considered taking a picture with my cell phone, decided that was ridiculous, and continued on to my yoga class, which was excellent.

Here's what the local authorities had to say about it. I like how they refer to them as "historic trolleys." Good to know that no one was killed.
Digg this

No comments: