Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fan club

Yesterday afternoon I was sitting in my office, minding my own business, when suddenly the ceiling fan in my office turned on and started spinning.

"I have a ceiling fan?" I thought to myself. I'm fairly sure this is new. It's very shiny.

I watched it for a moment. It was on. Fanning away. I sat there and looked around: I was alone in the office and no one was near the door. I stood up, walked to the door of my office and peered outside.

Nobody.

It had been a little stuffy in my office, so I just nodded at the fan, sat down and went back to work.

Time passed. I got chilly. It was time for the fan to be turned off. But how?

I decided to ask our new office manager Linda who started last Thursday and was camped out in the office next to me. Because, having been with us for one and a half days, she was clearly going to be the best person to ask for help. More importantly, she was the first person I came across upon venturing out from my office.

I had barely gotten five words out of my mouth when she burst out laughing. Apparently, much earlier in the day and all the way across the office in the supply room, she and Emily had found a homeless remote control and pressed all the buttons, joking about how they were probably opening and closing someone's garage door somewhere.

She went and got the remote and we tested it: sure enough, fan on, fan off, fan on, fan off.

Case closed.
Digg this

No comments: