Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

1000 words

Let me paint you a picture. It is a picture of me.

It is a picture of me riding my bike to work this morning.

In the picture, you'll notice that my backpack looks especially full. It is. It is full of meat*, buns, ketchup, mustard and mayo. It also contains my own packed lunch, and all of the items one might expect to find in a large purse.

You'll also notice that I have another bag hanging off my person. It's a yoga mat bag with two yoga mats and a set of yoga clothes all squeezed inside. It is oblong and hanging awkwardly sort of in front of my body so that my knees hit it each time they come up and around.

Upon continued examination, you will further observe that there are two Whole Foods paper shopping bags hanging from my bike, one from each handlebar. These paper bags contain approximately 20 pounds of local organic peaches and plums for my office. The effort it is taking to prevent these bags from swinging in the wind and smashing into my bike and wheel, crushing the tender fruit inside, is clearly written across my face.

If it were a video, you would see me careening wildly down the Embarcadero holding my breath and just trying not to fall. But it's just a picture. So you can't.


*Somehow the vegetarian drew the meat assignment. Go figure.
Digg this

No comments: