Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Sunday, July 6, 2008

That durned interweb!

After some reflection, I've determined that it would not be poor judgment to share the email I received from my mother following her introduction to my blog and her thwarted initial attempt to comment on it:

"Dude – you don't understand. You must explain to me. I have cut and pasted all this crap to show you how hard it is. The comment and word verification I can do. I will not be adding HMTL tags, thank you – isn't that what computers are supposed to do? But what the #$%#@ is meant by "Choose an Identity Google/Blogger or Open ID? I tried using both but couldn't make either work. And stop laughing, dammit, this isn't funny. I bet Sarah's parents couldn't do it either (and if they can, lie to me and tell me they couldn't). Like what the hell is Google/Blogger supposed to be? Dammit."

So, Gail, figured out how to comment yet...?
Digg this

3 comments:

Gail said...

$#*@!&*!

Gail said...

Ok,I had to have my 19-year-old intern explain to me that I had to go to Google to create an account in order to post comments, something incredibly obvious to her. Laugh if you will, young folks, I certainly would. You can't expect much from those of who grew up watching Winky Dink on TV on Saturday mornings, when we put a blue plastic sheet on the TV and drew in things like roads or lines to help the characters out (yes, this is true, and one reason why older folks are so weird).

Ellie said...

Way to go Mom! You did it!
(Thank you Intern!)

Now we just need to find out if Sarah's parents also watched - and helped - Winky Dink.