Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Eat me when I'm fatter

While I was in Canada, Eric fed himself by doing what we call "billy-goating" out of the fridge. This leads to classic meals like "cream cheese spread on flour tortillas and rolled up" or "cottage cheese mixed with salsa and scooped up with wheat thins." Suffice it to say one is not likely to find billy-goated meal menus on epicurious.com.

With billy goats on the brain this morning, I looked up the tale of the Three Billy Goats Gruff and learned that it is an "eat-me-when-I'm-fatter" tale. As the story goes, the billy goats have run out of food and gotten thin, and to get to the lush fields to get fat again they need to cross a troll-guarded bridge by outwitting the troll.

This raises the obvious question: could fridge trolls be the breakthrough we've been looking for to turn the tide on the childhood obesity epidemic in the US?

And I'd bet that with the educational system being what it is, the ability of American children to outwit trolls is probably pretty low.

Just saying.
Digg this

No comments: