Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Who's the boss

For our internet service at home, we've recently switched from the devil we know (Comcast) to the devil we don't (Astound).

Installation was scheduled for between 10am and noon and I was pleasantly surprised when the Astound guy showed up at 10:05am.

"Hey boss," he addressed me. "How can I get up on the roof?"

I informed him our roof was not accessible (we've looked into it as a potential beehive locale) but he still wanted to see if he could make it work with a ladder. It soon became clear that this was a terrible idea that would almost certainly result in death, so he decided he had to call the cherry picker.

"Hey, boss, the truck can come at 11:30. OK with you boss?" he asked.

I said that was fine with me.

At 4pm when it was time to take Emerson to the doctor, we still hadn't heard from or seen the cable guy, but as I headed out there he was.

"Boss," he said. "We're almost done."

I left Eric behind to be the boss for the rest of the installation.
Digg this

1 comment:

eric said...

He called me boss a lot too. I liked it. Can you start calling me boss?