Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Poor neglected blog

Oh dear. It has been almost a month since I was here last. That's no good at all.

Let me bring you up to speed...

A friend who noticed Emerson enjoying Eric's guitar quite a bit brought him a little toy guitar with plastic strings. Somewhat unexpectedly, it has a little wind-up knob on the back which when turned will play "Hey Jude" for a little while, but never long enough to get to the "na na na naaaaa" part).

We watched a terrible/awesome movie called Deja Vu with Denzel Washington. I really enjoyed it but still can't figure out if it actually made sense. We've also been watching a lot of SVU on Netflix Watch Now. I can usually predict the plot twist about halfway through which makes Eric a little nuts. Inevitably, at the end of the show I find myself shaking my head and thinking, "Who are the twisted and brilliant people dreaming these stories up?"

We spent a week vacationing in lovely but a bit rainy Kauai and then another week stay-cating in lovely but a bit rainy San Francisco. Mexico may allow 6-month pregnant women on jet skis but Kauai doesn't, and in fact no babies under 2 years are allowed on the boats. So we got a lot of use out of the room, the pool, the beach and the rental car. We ate "puka" dogs (puka means "hole" in Hawaiian and refers to how they make a hot-dog shaped hole in the hotdog bun rather than slitting it like we mainlanders) and did some good tag-team snorkeling, as well as some tag-team relaxing. From the beach we saw humpback whales jumping straight up out of the water. Crazy whales.

Eric turned 31. Emerson turned 9 months old, and has now been 'out' as long as he was 'in'.

I am now managing two projects at work - a full-time project load to be sure. My head is exploding on a regular basis and I need to write lots of things down before I forget them. The good news is I have great people on my teams and secretly I really like getting to be an adult for several hours a day (and sometimes more).

One of my new year's resolutions is to blog at least once a week, and I even got a free app on my iphone which will help me track my progress against all my goals, so you can see that I am now guaranteed to succeed.
Digg this

No comments: