Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Why I love this tree

We got a little Christmas tree for our place and it sits there all day making me happy. I can tell you why:

  1. It's a sustainable tree. Responsible forest management, no chemicals, healthy land. What's not to feel good about?
  2. It smells good. Or at least it looks like it smells good and I'm pretty sure I can detect a faint piney odor.
  3. It is going to help me win a bet: I sided with 'won't drop majority of needles before we leave for Hawaii on the 23rd' and so far I am the clear winner.*
  4. It's wearing earrings.
  5. It has an ornament that looks like an eyeball. That's right. One day I brought home a fun craft project for Eric and me to do: decorate your own ornaments! It came with two blank white ornaments - one snowman-shaped and the other globe-shaped. Eric chose the globe and excitedly colored it as...an eyeball. A bloodshot eyeball. Yup.**


*I fear this may be irresistably tempt the malicious sprinkler...
**Not pictured here but rest assured, it is being displayed prominently on the tree.

Digg this

No comments: