Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Birthday!

Today I turned 33.

It was a tropical birthday this year and when I got done with my work I was able to take Emerson for a swim before dinner. He has just loved being outside and being in the water as much as possible while we have had this idyllic beach-front set-up. It has been lucky, as well, because he has had the bad luck of having an extremely painful mouth infection while also getting some new teeth and we are putting on a 24 hour three ring circus to keep him distracted from the pain. Today was the worst day yet in terms of his level of misery. Poor guy. The water does seem to help.

My mother, who will be staying with us until the end of September, made spinach cheese pie to celebrate (it is the traditional birthday meal of my childhood) and we also had cake and ice cream.

Tomorrow I get a massage.

Eric commented that this was the mellowist birthday celebration I have had since he has known me. It's true: I tend to love to do it up on my birthday in a big way. But this year celebrating with family, good food, a good night's sleep and the promise of a massage was pretty much exactly what I needed.

Well, and a house. But we'll get that part figured out soon.


Digg this

1 comment:

ginger said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Looks like it was wonderful!! :-)