Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

I won a prize

I recently won another prize at work. An actual prize this time, not just a round of applause for being an unfortunate-looking child.

I won the prize for writing good marketing emails. "Good" in this case meant two things: they communicated the marketing message and they didn't actually sound like marketing, they sounded like actual, normal emails to people that I know (which is also what they were).

There were three prize-winners in this contest but I was the grand prize winner and the other two were the runners-up, which is a term that will always bring back memories of watching Miss America as a young girl.

My prize was called "I like the way you work it. No diggity, I got to bag it up." And the prize itself was reusable produce bags. This was, at first, kind of a let down because one of the runners-up had gotten chocolate and that just seemed kind of backwards and unfair.

But when I got home and opened them up I realized they are the perfect innovation for someone like me who simply refuses to use the plastic bags at the grocery store when buying produce. I hate those things. And rather than use them, I precariously pile my produce onto the little belt and try to prevent it all from rolling off when the belt moves. This works pretty well for most produce though I do actually recommend using a bag for mushrooms and green beans or else you get really dirty looks from the cashier.

And now I have bags I will actually use, thanks to my ability to sneak attack marketing on unsuspecting professional contacts.

Digg this

No comments: