Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Winner

For a little fun at our recent offsite, my firm held an "Awkward Photo" contest. Being pretty competitive, I was quick to send in my triptych submission:

In the photo on the left I am proudly showing off a few Christmas presents: my new map of the world jacket and my new t-shirt which reads: "I love my cat and the feline is mutual". I was totally awesome.

In the middle photo I am wearing my very special horse sweater. As you can see, each horse has hairy mane which goes down the length of the arm. What you probably can't tell from the photo is that it was on a velcro strip so that you could, if you wanted to, put the white mane on the black horse and vice versa. It was quite a versatile sweater, you see.

I don't really know what to say about the picture on the right other than that I seem to be holding up my nightgown to show off my slippers, as though that was part of the outfit? It's unclear.

Would you be surprised if I told you the middle picture was the Grand Prize Winner of the whole contest? It's true. The Applause-o-meter, my colleague Leslie, registered the highest applause for my photo (out of three finalists) so I was the winner! Then as the winner I got a round of applause, and I stood up to graciously accept the prize* and bask in my glory and/or shame or confused mix thereof (so it was actually exactly like most of my childhood).


*The prize was, in fact, the round of applause.
Digg this

3 comments:

Dan said...

That sweater is beyond. Just beyond.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my Ellie. I loved you then, I love you always. If almost all my pictures hadn't been "accidentally" misplaced I would be able to do some real competing with you. I mean, hello? I brushed my hair and used a curling iron to make one long log on top of my forehead out of my bangs, remember?

Ellie said...

Oh I remember...
We were the coolest.