Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Balloon farm

For our Halloween party last week, my colleagues blew up about 50 balloons and when I came to work on Monday morning they were all in my office. Look - there they are:

As you would expect, this has prompted a new ritual when people come to meet with me in my office: they stand facing the wall or corner and do a little jig, kicking their legs straight out while keeping their hands more or less at their sides. Like a drunk Michael Flatley. Sometimes they make gleeful squawking or chirping noises too.

I like this ritual a lot and I want to keep it going as long as I can. As these balloons start to deflate (which, as an aside, they show no signs of doing even a week later), I am going to secretly blow up new balloons and replace the shrivelly ones. I think this is going to work. I am now an undercover balloon farmer.
Digg this