Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Family traditions

Eric and I got a Christmas tree on Saturday and trimmed it on Sunday. It is just a wee bit larger than the tree we got last year (we're moving slowly) and it was really fun taking out the lights, the bead garlands and the ornaments and decorating the tree this year. You may notice the make-your-own-ornaments from last year which include Eric's bloodshot eyeball and my clown-drag queen snowperson. Make-your-own ornaments for this year are still to come. Watch out!

(We did not intentionally take this photo to hide my increasingly large belly, or to emphasize my foot; it just worked out that way.)

We also made cookies. Just like last year. They're very modern, and delicious.

These traditions make me feel like we are a real family. I love coming home to the tree and the lights and the cookies each night. It feels great to celebrate even these little things.
Digg this

1 comment:

Amanda said...

And such a beautiful family it is, with so much fun in store!