Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Maybe this is why I'm not working

I can do a lot of things. Some of them even well. But I have an embarrassing gap in my repertoire of skills: I never learned to whistle.

This sort of feels like admitting that I can't tie my shoe or put on my own pants, but I'm afraid it is nonetheless true.

So, one of my new year's resolutions is to make right this pathetic wrong that has been allowed to continue for far too long. I'm gonna learn to whistle, dammit. And I'm not going to let anyone stop me.

In the eight days that I've been focused on this lofty goal, I've reached the point where I can somewhat consistently make a single feeble tone. Yet all this progress has come at a price. Perhaps it is because I have a cold and am pretty congested, but I can't practice whistling for more than a few minutes before I start to get really light-headed. I've had to stop practicing while driving for fear or suddenly passing out behind the wheel.

If things don't improve a lot and quickly, I might have to modify my new year's resolution to mastering the kazoo instead. It's better to set goals one can actually achieve.
Digg this

No comments: