Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Me-to-be

As I pick the last of the nail polish off my fingernails today, I am relishing memories of my bachelorette party from a week and a half ago.

There's something that feels kind of fun and subversive about being pregnant at your own bachelorette party. Nobody suspects that the bride-to-be is also a mother-to-be.

At the spa where we got massages, the therapist who knew she was doing a pre-natal massage literally went through everyone else in our group before looking questioningly at me - with my hideous mock-veil headband and plastic "I'm the Bride" pink sash - to confirm that it was me.

At the nail salon, the owner stopped by to say hello and after I gave a somewhat saucy reply to one of his questions his playful response was something along the lines of "And you haven't had several glasses of champagne today!" I just smiled. The sparkling cider can really go to my head.

I had a fabulous time and owe a huge thanks to Jamaica and Nonoko for their exceptional planning and incredible generosity. You guys rock!
Digg this

2 comments:

ginger said...

Oh, I am thinking about you all this weekend!! Sending loving thoughts and lots of hugs!! Congratulations!!

Meghan Taylor said...

Congratulations, Ellie! I mean, Mrs. Eric! :-) Hope your balloon ride was fabulous!