Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

List of things I should know but don't

Having biked around San Francisco for a total of over four years now, I tend to think of myself as someone who knows the flattest routes for getting around the city, avoiding the worst of the hills.

I was recently proven dramatically wrong when a friend of ours, having heard about the route we took to bike from SOMA to Golden Gate Park on Sunday, said, incredulously:

"You don't know about The Wiggle?"

No, we don't.

But now we do. The Wiggle is the flattest path through the city, in particular going from SOMA to Golden Gate Park. This discovery is akin to finding out, after a year and a half of walking up and down four flights of stairs every day, that our apartment building has an elevator*.

Eric said it best in his response to the friend's follow up email with additional info about The Wiggle:

"I can't believe we've been getting all that unnecessary exercise! I'm definitely going to wiggle from now on."


*I remain reasonably sure that it does not.
Digg this

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys didn't know about the wiggle? As you know, I don't have a bike, but I knew about the wiggle!

Ellie said...

I know, I know. It's embarrassing! Better late than never, though, right?