Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

This is when I remind you that I am 30 years old and extremely sophisticated

Strolling along Market Street with Eric's parents this past Friday night, I showed a little too much excitement about a large pile of finger puppets that a small Peruvian woman was selling on the sidewalk. Eric's father insisted on buying me a couple, which I proceeded to keep in my purse all weekend and secretly play with during quiet moments.
This may have significantly influenced their impression of me: for the rest of the weekend, every time we passed a toy store - in Palo Alto, Sonoma, Berkeley and San Francisco - Eric's mother would say "Oh look Ellie! A toy store!" pretty much in the voice you would use to address a five year old.
Digg this

No comments: