Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Definitely not

We flew home from Chicago Monday evening on United. We were settled into our seats and getting ready for the flight when an announcement came over the PA system.

"Will Elizabeth M. in 10E please gather your belongings and come to the front of the plane."

How odd, I thought.Am I getting ejected from the plane?

"Gathering my belongings" was simply not a quick or easy thing to do so I asked the woman next to me to flag a flight attendant for me. One came over to our seats and told me I had been upgraded to first class.

"That's awesome!" I said. "It will just take me a minute to get packed up and I will need help moving his carseat up front," I explained, indicating Emerson in the seat next to me.

"Ummmm," she said. "We only have one seat up there."

"Oh," I said. "Well I guess that won't work."

(Pause.)

"So you definitely don't want the seat?" she asked me.

"No, I don't."

When she had walked away the woman in front of me, also a mom, turned around and said "I can't believe she asked you if you wanted to leave a two year old alone!"

Emerson is a great traveler but I don't think he is ready for his first flight alone just yet.


Digg this

No comments: