Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Torture

For 22 of the last 30 days I have gone to an exercise class that is generally known as The Bar Method but which I like to refer to as Torture because I like to call things what they are.

Inspired by ballet*, this exercise class occurs in a carpeted studio with a mirrored wall and a bar. Exercises include standing on the balls of your feet with your heels lifted all the way up and then "sitting down" into it and then lifting up an inch and down an inch. Try it. If you're doing it right your legs will start to shake uncontrollably after about 12 seconds.

I don't see this becoming a lifestyle for me but I think it has served its purpose. At our Big Party, which is right around the corner, I will know that I made my best effort to look awesome.

*Which I believe is French for "beautiful torture"
Digg this

No comments: