Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Warm it up

For lunch today, a colleague and I went to have lunch with a mutual friend at Google. We met him at Google's San Francisco office and enjoyed the delicious gourmet (and, as always, free) lunch that Google provides.* It was great fun to eat tasty food and enjoy a fascinating discussion with my friends.

After lunch, I stopped in the bathroom before heading out to go back to the office. Upon sitting down, I was startled by how warm the seat was.

"Hmm," I thought to myself. "The person before me must have really been sitting here a while."

After another moment of consideration, it became clear to me that no human buns could warm a seat up that much. That was when I noticed the control console on the side of the stall to my left.

I don't think of myself as having lived a life of asceticism, but this was my first experience with heated toilet seats.

Nice, but I think I can live without. The buffalo wing tofu, on the other hand, I will be actively seeking out in the near future.

In other news, today was my last day at work for a while. I start my maternity leave on Monday and am excited to be able to relax and prepare for Belvedere's increasingly imminent arrival. This either means my blog is about to get a lot better or a lot worse.


*I am still thinking about the buffalo wing tofu. I was too shy to go back during lunch and get some more but I really should have. Yum!
Digg this

1 comment:

ginger said...

WOW, maternity leave.....
:-)