Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Undergrads say the darndest things

In addition to teaching a class this summer, Eric has four undergrad students who are doing research under his tutelage.

While instructing one of them in how to properly centrifuge a bunch of test tube things, the student asked if he had to put the cover on.

Eric explained that when the tubes spin they make the sound like when you blow over the top of a glass bottle but times 50,000 or some other ridiculously large number. If you don't cover them, he said, it sounds like a demon.

"How do you know what a demon sounds like?" the student replied.

It's a good question. And it became the first entry on the lab's Quote Sheet.

Now, I may not have an out of the house workplace right now, but I also hear a lot of funny quotes during the day and I think they need to be recorded. So this blog is going to function as my own personal quote sheet and also as the part of my brain that should remember all the funny stuff that Emerson says but which does not.

We'll start with this one when I went to get Emerson after his nap:
"Mom! (fake cough) I need water because I am coughing."

Look for the tag Quote Sheet to see them all together.


Digg this

No comments: