Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Never hurts to ask

During nap times on our very successful camping trip, we drove around a bit so the boys could sleep. After many hours at the beach, we decided to get some ice cream at the camp store. Eric was driving so I ran in and ordered a cone with mint chocolate chip ice cream.

The woman started to scoop up the cone and determined that there wasn't enough ice cream left in the bucket to make a whole cone. (This was not really true. There was still at least a pint of ice cream in there, it was just all in the corners where her big scooper couldn't get.) So she pulled out the bucket and put it on the floor.

"You aren't going to let that ice cream go to waste, are you?" I asked.

"I'm just going to throw it away," she replied. "What, do you want it?"

Guess what I said.

The best part was the looks I got while sitting on the curb with the bucket waiting for Eric to circle around and pick me up.

Digg this