Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Back to work

Sitting at my desk yesterday afternoon, I got this email from a colleague/friend who lives in our neighborhood and has a baby two months younger than Emerson.
"Hey Working Lady! I ran into a certain Emerson at the library today! Was happy as a clam, sucking away at his bottle."
(She didn't mention that he was there with his new daytime caretaker Karina but I think it is safe to assume that he was.)

I was glad, and not really surprised, to hear that Emerson seemed happy. I choose to see it as a good thing that he doesn't seem to need me around to be perfectly content.

But I do miss him very much as I sit here at this silly desk doing grown-up things like earning a paycheck and helping businesses be more environmentally sustainable.

Irony of the day: I suspect I will blog more consistently now since blogging is less fun than hanging out with Emerson but more fun than working (and also easier to do when you are already sitting at a computer).
Digg this

No comments: