Sooner or later, everyone goes to the zoo.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Neighborhood explorations: The Library

I love our new neighborhood, Potrero Hill, for many reasons: Goat Hill Pizza, we're nearby friends, we have nice, if windy, parks nearby, Goat Hill Pizzza, you can actually park on the street pretty easily, the homeless people don't seem to know it exists, Goat Hill Pizza, and we are spared the majority of the fog. It's great!

My newest reason for loving Potrero Hill is the library. I was a big fan of the Mission Bay branch of the public library in our old neighborhood. Let me explain to you why I love the Potrero Hill branch even more:

See? It's delightful.

One recent afternoon I headed up there to return some beekeeping books and Emerson was snoozing in his carseat, as he so likes to do. I sat for a bit and read about bees while sneaking peeks at the gorgeous view expanding out before me. I didn't even have to keep ordering drinks to justify keeping the table: I could just sit there.

After not too long Emerson woke up and was hungry. I've gotten pretty good at breastfeeding discreetly in public* so I figured I would breastfeed with a view.

What I wasn't counting on was Emerson's enthusiasm that particular feeding: he growled, snorted, slurped and moaned loudly the whole time he was eating, which was probably 15 minutes. It was adorable and/or really disruptive to people who seemed to think they were in a library. Oh wait.

So I got a couple of nasty looks. With a view.

*No I haven't. But in this case I was actually pretty good.

Digg this

No comments: